From the moment the COVID19 pandemic started, and in line with the recommendations of the Ministry of Health and Coronavirus Science Board and the instructions of our President, many precautionary decisions were taken and implemented in order to manage the risk of pandemic/transmission in terms of public health and public order, ensure social isolation, maintain social distancing and keep the speed of spread under control.
With the Circular of the Ministry of the Internal Affairs, curfews and leaving from the residence restrictions were introduced for citizens aged 65 and over in the risk group in order to protect their health, and with the circular, the said restriction was stretched and it was decided that they would be able to go out to the streets between 10.00 and 20.00 hours every day, and the citizens aged 65 and older are permitted one-way travel to any settlements they wish on condition that they have not returned for at least one month, as from 21/05/2020.
At the current stage, it was evaluated that it would be appropriate to allow our citizens aged 65 and older to travel for tourism purposes in line with the conditions stated below, due to the decrease in spreading and transmission speed of the virus, the decline of rate of increase in incidence, and the opening of the tourism season.
In this framework,
1) Our citizens aged 65 and older (except those who have had organ and bone marrow transplants within the last three years, those with immunodeficiency and need dialysis due to kidney failure) will now be able to go to any place they want provided that they obtain "Travel Permit for Tourism Purposes" for their travels for tourism purposes.
2) Our citizens aged 65 and older, who will apply for the Travel Permit for Tourism Purposes, will be able to apply for a travel permit for up to 6 people including their spouses, siblings and their first-degree relatives who are in the same condition (65 years and above) with themselves.
3) Our citizens aged 65 and older will be able to make their applications to obtain Travel Permit for Tourism Purposes as from 23/06/2020, Tuesday at 09:00 hours, by calling 199 Fidelity Social Support Line or entering into e-application of the Ministry of Internal Affairs through e-Government gateway and selecting the sub-heading of receiving travel permit for tourism purposes under the title travel permit procedures.
4) In the application form, one of the reasons for hotel holiday, summer residence / timeshare, rental house / villa or caravan holiday will be selected. Our citizens must upload
· Booking documents for hotel holiday,
· Land registration copies for summer residence / timeshare,
· Lease contracts for rental house / villa holiday,
· Caravan certificates of title or rental contracts for caravan holiday, to the system during the application.
5) Our citizens who are to receive Travel Permit for Tourism Purposes may apply their travels via bus, airplane, railway and private car.
6) During the application, the applicant and his/her accompanying persons will be questioned in terms of their diseases, as well as Covid-19 home isolation, and they will be automatically questioned through the system in these regards.
7) Our citizens do not need to go to any health institution or Governorate / District Governorate authorities in order to obtain the certificate. Travel Permit for Tourism Purposes applications will be automatically evaluated and finalized.
8) Those whose permit application is approved will be informed via SMS, and they will be able to print the application approval document via e-Government.
9) The information of citizens aged 65 and older, whose permit application is approved, will be automatically notified to the governorships of the provinces they are going to and the family physician they are registered with. Necessary follow-ups will be carried out by the family physicians they are registered with.
It was decided that citizens who do not comply with the restrictions imposed will be imposed administrative fines, in accordance with Article 282 of the Public Health Law, and will be treated in accordance with the relevant articles of the Law, and necessary judicial proceedings will be initiated within the scope of Article 195 of the Turkish Criminal Code regarding the criminal behavior.