Due to the outbreak of Coronavirus (Covid19) pandemic, crossing in our border gates with many countries has been suspended, and citizens of many countries have been prohibited from entering our country. However, the procedures and principles to be applied at the entrance and exit of the relevant persons, especially the truck drivers, who are obliged to enter and exit in our country in order to continue foreign trade, were declared with the Circular of the Ministry of Internal Affairs within the framework of the opinions of the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Commerce and Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure.
In line with the views of the Ministry of Commerce and the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure and the reference letter (c) of the Ministry of Health, the respective Circulars (a) and (b) have been canceled and it has been decided to perform the implementation as follows.
For the purpose of international trade, excluding entrances-exits from Iran and Iraq Border Gates (only foreign drivers will be able to exit provided that they are not taken back from the said gates), vehicles and drivers who will pass in transit our country and vehicles and drivers who will enter/exit our country are allowed to pass through if the following conditions are met.
A. VEHICLES AND DRIVERS PASSING IN TRANSIT TURKEY
1. Within the scope of fight against coronavirus, the vehicle driver's health check is to be performed by the health units, and those with symptoms related to the disease in question are not allowed to pass.
2. Vehicles entering are to be subjected to disinfection.
3. It is to be ensured that the drivers wear masks at any point they may be in contact with other people during their breaks in our country, and that they have masks, disinfectants and food enough for a long time.
4. Customs administrations are to determine the routes and stops for the vehicles to pass in transit, and they are to be ensured to leave from the furthest border gate within 36 hours and from other border gates within 24 hours by following them through "vehicle tracking system". (These periods can be extended up to 48 hours by the relevant customs administration by taking into account the circumstances such as road conditions, weather conditions, density at the customs office to be exited, etc.).
5. Necessary health and safety measures are to be taken by the relevant Governorates / District Governorates at the rest stops to be determined by the customs administrations.
6. A letter of commitment stating that they will not pause or wait, other than necessary is to be obtained from the drivers who will pass in transit Turkey at the entrance gates by the units of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. With this commitment, the driver is to be informed of his obligations and, if these obligations are not met, he is to be punished in accordance with the Public Health Law.
7. Before the entry permit is granted, it will be ensured that the vehicles will be accepted by the country from which they will exit passing through our country, and in case the vehicles are not accepted by the country to which they will enter when they leave our country, the entry of these vehicles is not to be approved.
B. DRIVERS ENTERING INTO TURKEY
1. In the scope of fight against coronavirus, the health check of the vehicle driver is be carried out by the health units, as a result the examination and epidemiological evaluation,
a. In presence of symptoms related to the disease;
i. Turkish drivers are to be notified to the relevant Health Directorates by the health monitoring centers, and are to be ensured to be quarantined/treated in the designated locations. Residence and identity information are be reported to the Health Directorates of the province where it will be located to provide the necessary controls.
ii. Foreign drivers are not to be allowed to pass.
b. In absence of symptoms related to the disease;
i. Turkish drivers are to be taken into the country to spend the 14-day quarantine period at their home, but they can go abroad without waiting for the quarantine period to end within the scope of international commercial transport activities. Drivers who will not leave the country within the scope of international commercial transportation are to complete the 14-day quarantine period at their home. Residence and identity information of Turkish drivers are be reported to the Health Directorates of the province where it will be located to provide the necessary controls.
ii. Foreign drivers are to be allowed to enter the country without applying a 14-day quarantine period if they commit to exit from our country as soon as possible after their entry into our country. Foreign drivers are to undertake that they will apply to the nearest healthcare facility if they feel that any respiratory system signs and symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) developing within the period they are in our country.
iii. It is to be communicated by the units of the Ministry of Internal Affairs that the foreign drivers must wear masks at any point they may be in contact with other people during their breaks in our country, and that they have masks, hand disinfectants and food enough for a long time, their rest stops may be determined by the Government if required, and they may travel accompanied.
2. Vehicles entering into our country are to be subjected to disinfection.
3. Necessary health and safety measures are to be taken by the relevant Governorates / District Governorates at the rest stops and routes to be determined for Turkish and foreign drivers. A letter of commitment stating that they will not pause or wait, other than necessary is to be obtained from the said drivers by the units of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. With this commitment, it is to be ensured that the driver is informed of his obligations and, if these obligations are not met, he is to be punished in accordance with the Public Health Law.
4. Priority is to be given to the entry of vehicles/drivers carrying medicines, medical supplies and foodstuffs that are urgent for our country.
C. RULES TO APPLY IN RO-RO TRIPS
1. In general, within the scope of Ro-Ro transportation, only trailer / container transportation is to be made, and passenger transportation is not to be allowed. If a driver is to be assigned due to the necessary conditions deemed appropriate by the Port Authority, drivers are to be communicated by the Port Authority that all the rules specified in this Circular are to be applied for them during entries and exits.
2. Drivers will be allowed to embark onboard in terms of trips to be made between the ports Zonguldak and Chornomorsk (Ilyichevsk), Istanbul (Haydarpaşa) and Chornomorsk (Ilyichevsk), Karasu and Chornomorsk (Ilyichevsk), Köstence and Karasu, Taşucu and Tripoli, and Mersin and Haifa.
3. The necessity of ensuring the social isolation of the drivers, who are deemed appropriate for embarking aboard pursuant to Articles 1 and 2, is to be notified to the ship's crew and other passengers by the Port Authority.
4. Before the trucks arriving in our country by Ro-Ro trips are delivered to their drivers, the vehicles, especially the driver's cabin, are to be disinfected.